AIr Cabin Filter Change (2005 Accord DX)

Discussion in 'Accord' started by Guest, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

How do you change? I finally saw some filters in a store and wanted to do it myself. I see that they cost a decent penny too.

Guest, Jul 26, 2007
  2. Guest

Paul Guest

How do you change? I finally saw some filters in a store and wanted to do
    it myself. I see that they cost a decent penny too.

I don't know about the pricing, but I've heard the procedure for changing
    these filters is much easier than with the previous generation. If that's
    true, count your blessings. You should get a year or two out of them, at
    least.

When I bought filters for my '00 Accord, I found instruction sheets included
    in the box. You might also check the Web sites of some manufacturers (Fram,
    Purolator, etc.).

Paul

Paul, Jul 26, 2007
  3. Guest

tww1491 Guest

How do you change? I finally saw some filters in a store and wanted to do it myself. I see that they cost a decent penny too.

If it is anything like the 01 Prelude I had, you have to remove the glove box and cut the bracket behind it.

tww1491, Jul 26, 2007
  4. Guest

E Meyer Guest

Not sure what they do on the Œ05 Accord. On the Œ06 CRV all you do is pop
    out the plastic stoppers on each side of the glove box & let the door swing
    down and out of the way. They¹re right there. Requires no tools at all.

E Meyer, Jul 27, 2007
  5. Guest

harrison Guest

03 is probably about the same. On an 03, first empty the glove box completely; with it open remove the holding plastic strut (pushes to the back with a snap). Then squeeze the sides of the glove box in so it swings all the way down. If you did not empty it before, it is empty now. The filter is in a rectangular holder behind the glove box. Squeeze the side tabs in and the holder should pull straight to you. Make sure you get the air direction arrow in the right direction when you put it back.

Dave

harrison, Jul 27, 2007
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

03 is probably about the same. On an 03, first empty the glove box completely; with it open remove the holding plastic strut (pushes to the back with a snap). Then squeeze the sides of the glove box in so it swings all the way down. If you did not empty it before, it is empty now. The filter is in a rectangular holder behind the glove box. Squeeze the side tabs in and the holder should pull straight to you. Make sure you get the air direction arrow in the right direction when you put it back.

Dave

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Guest, Jul 27, 2007
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Dave

I just did it. I was a lot easier than the engine air filter and a lot more expensive. The instructions were also in the box!

Guest, Jul 28, 2007
  8. Guest

Zorro_2K Guest

Instructions for changing those in my 2001 Civic are in the
    Owners Manual. Easy, once you grasp the instructions on how to 'drop' the glove compartment door. Interesting that it takes TWO filters..about $20/pair from I'net sources.

Zorro_2K, Jul 30, 2007
  9. I just checked, and instructions for changing the cabin air filter are
    not in my owner's manual. Curious. Still, the filter is there, right
    behind the glove box. The instructions that have been passed around on
    this usenet group are spot on. Open the glove box door, push back on
    the bottom of the little strut until it snaps out, pull in the sides
    of the glove box until it swings down, and finally pick up the stuff
    off of the floor that fell out of the glove box.

Next, I had to sorta lay on the floor and look up under the dash. The
    air filter tray was right above the fan motor and clearly labeled.
    Pushing a tab on each side released it. It slid right out. My filter
    was clean except for a bit of dust and a few dead bugs, I shook it
    out and put it back.

Elliot Richmond
    Itinerant astronomy teacher
    Freelance science writer

Elliot Richmond, Jul 31, 2007
  10. Guest

John Horner Guest

Bosch has a huge PDF file online with instructions on changing cabin
    filter for many makes and models. Your instructions are on page 35 or so.

http://www.boschautoparts.com/NR/rdonlyres/425B1A4D-5155-4064-A5E7-E07F8DB720C7/0/CabinAirFilterInstallation.pdf

John Horner, Aug 1, 2007
  11. Guest

Slacker Guest

Great link-- thanks!!

Slacker, Aug 1, 2007
Ask a Question