My 1998 Honda Accord started getting a green flashing key icon on the dashboard.

Discussion in 'Accord' started by Jack Liddel, Aug 19, 2024.

1. Jack Liddel

Jack Liddel New Member

My 1998 Honda Accord started getting a green flashing key icon on the dashboard every so often. And sometimes it would happen when I was driving on the highway in traffic and the engine would shut down (dangerous and why the government would let a car with that defect on the market is beyond me, but I digress). Sometimes it would be ok for a few days, and I noted that if the key was in position to crank the car would run, which probably saved my life. So, everyone worrying about their car getting stole I believe having it keep running on the highway more important! And I if I had money to throw away why in 2024 would I buy a car made in 1998? Then I took apart the computer and installed a bypass daughter board. I started the car with a plain old and cost effect key and ran it a few days then the same problem happened again what could be the next thing to try? Are their any test I can run?

Jack Liddel, Aug 19, 2024
Ask a Question