Stereo installation on 98-02 Accord

Discussion in 'Accord' started by Crunchy Cookie, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Hey, I'm trying to put an aftermarket stereo in our 2000 Accord, but how do you
    take the dashboard panel off? Removing the two black screws on the underside of
    the panel didn't do it (unless I have to pry with much more force), and those
    are the only obvious screws. Thanks for any help.

Crunchy Cookie, Feb 23, 2004
  2. You need to pry the clock out to get to one of the retaining screws. Go
    here for install instructions
    http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/instal/aii/pages/accord/1999/index.html
    for various items for a 1999 Accord. Pick one like Front Ashtray
    w/Cigarette Lighter or CD Changer Console Mount to see how to get things
    apart.

Rgds, George Macdonald

"Just because they're paranoid doesn't mean you're not psychotic" - Who, me??

George Macdonald, Feb 23, 2004
  3. I actually found that out on www.InstallDr.com but thanks anyway, guys. Damn,
    that was a lot harder than it should have been. The front panel was extremely
    resistant and felt like it would break off if I pulled harder. Then, of the six
    screws, the two bottom ones absolutely would not budge; I had to drill through
    the damn things. Oh well, the deed is finally done. For the curious, a 2000
    Accord EX's CD player is a Panasonic.
    All Honda stereos should plug right into other Hondas, yes? The connector is
    the same? No need for wiring harnesses and splicing and all that mess? I sold
    that unit to a 2000 CR-V owner.

Crunchy Cookie, Feb 24, 2004
  4. One other screwy discovery: if you disconnect the clock, it kills your turn
    signal.

Crunchy Cookie, Feb 24, 2004
Ask a Question